3M Health Information Systems is not only leading the transformation in health information management with best-practice programs, consultancy and tools to help capture, track and report clinical data – they are also backing some of Australia’s top healthtech startups by signing on as Major Event Partners for the 2022 LuminaX Demo Night.
LuminaX is Australia’s leading early-stage accelerator for health startups, helping to fast-track innovation in healthcare by providing comprehensive support to entrepreneurs including investment, networks, resources, and strong pathways to form research and clinicial partnerships.
11 healthtech, medtech, sportstech and biotech startups from around the country will pitch for investment at this Gold Coast event scheduled to take place on 11 August. Each entrepreneur will share their innovative solutions to an invite only audience of up to 200 investors, mentors, clinicians and technology experts.
Supporting the next generation of healthtech entrepreneurs is strongly in line with 3M’s purpose to create a future where clinical data will provide actionable patient insights and improved financial performance.
Brian Mitchell, Business Manager Asia Area for 3M Health Information Systems, a division of the global 3M Healthcare business said the team are thrilled to be supporting the acceleration of ideas into fully fledged businesses that can have positive impact in the healthcare technology industry.
“Our team is passionate about the work that we do, every day, to help solve problems with technology and workflow design, and it is great to be a partner in a program that is providing a spring board for others to do the same” Mr Mitchell said.
“As supporters of the demo night, we look forward to seeing all of solutions that the hard work and passion of these start ups has created, and it is great to have our team involved”.
The 2022 LuminaX companies who will pitch on the night are:
- beHub – A single platform where clinicians can access accurate and up-to-date medical device information, education and training anywhere, anytime
- Bio-az – The development and manufacturing of the world first synbiotic functional food ingredient that survives aseptic manufacturing processes for the shelf life of the product
- Fempro Armour – Providing female designed chest and body armour and apparel to minimize injuries and/or death to women in impact sports
- Go Locum – An online platform that aggregates and automates locum jobs for doctors to improve the connection between doctors, hospitals and agencies to fill urgent roster shortages
- GoWell Health – A platform that takes the pain out of booking health appointments, allowing consumers to find, book and pay for allied health professionals that fit their schedule and budget
- MedaData – An AI/ML platform that provides personalised medication recommendations to ensure patients have the most up-to-date, data-driven recommendations in order to reduce the frequency and severity of medication
- MedLearn – Eduvidd’s core product is their online Continued Professional Development (CPD) learning courses that is hosted on their white-labelled CPD compliance platform
- Memo Memory Rehabilitation – An online clinician tool for effective, group-based, memory rehabilitation that teaches memory strategies to improve patient’s everyday functioning
- Stripped Supply – Australia’s first diabetes subscription box, automatically delivering NDSS supplies like strips, needle tips, insulin pump and CGM consumables to diabetics, when they need them.
- Stitch – A metaverse health marketplace for health providers to work in a user-centric environment with decentralised data shared on highly secure, medically-compliant blockchain.
- Tavr AI – An AI driven TAVR analysis that predicts paravalvular leak and vascular injury during TAVR
LuminaX Program Director Dren Xerxa said he is looking forward to watching the 11 Australian startups achieve great outcomes on the night.
“We have worked closely with all startups over the last 3 months, along with our industry partners, mentors and coaches to provide them with the networks, expertise, space and resources required to build, grow and launch a successful business from right here on the Gold Coast,” Mr Xerxa said.
“Demo Night is where we get to see all of their hard work pay off, and celebrate the end of a great program with the wider technology and innovation ecosystem. It’s always my favourite part of the program, and I’m really looking forward to watching these companies inspire everyone on the night with their innovative ideas” Mr Xerxa said.
The LuminaX Demo Night event is scheduled to take place on 11 August 2022 on the Gold Coast.
LuminaX Website: luminax.com.au
Contact: Ariana Margetts, email@example.com
About COHORT INNOVATION SPACE
Cohort Innovation Space is a launchpad for health and technology startups, innovators, new businesses and entrepreneurs. As one of Queensland’s largest innovation spaces, Cohort includes a digital transformation centre, an accelerator, student incubator, PC1 and PC2 science labs, 46 coworking desks, 21 private offices, 3 meeting rooms, 2 boardrooms and a 150 person event space.