FAQ – LuminaX Accelerator Program
What is considered HealthTech?
HealthTech refers to the use of technology (databases, applications, mobiles, wearables) to improve the delivery, payment, and/or consumption of patient and health care, with the ability to increase the development and commercialisation of medicinal products (plug and play).
I’m in Health but not in Tech, can I apply?
Yes, any startup in health can apply; however, the curriculum has a healthtech focus.
What is considered early-stage startup?
We define a startup as a new business founded by one or more entrepreneurs that use technology to develop a unique product or service and bring it to market.
To be considered an early-stage startup, you must have passed the ideation phase, have developed an MVP, or have an early product. It does not matter if your startup is 5 years old, or 5 weeks old, providing you have validated your idea.
I have a great idea but have not progressed it any further. Should I apply?
To be eligible for the LuminaX Accelerator, the startup or entrepreneur (at the time of submitting the application) must have validated their idea in some way through either an existing customer, product, or app.
What’s the commitment?
Successful applicants will be required to make 90% of the in-person workshops and mentoring sessions.
Plus it is mandatory to be present for the Demo Night (25 July)
Are there Upcoming Info Sessions?
Yes! In February 2024 we’ll be making our way to Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney + an online session in March.
- Thurs Brisbane, 8 Feb 4pm The Precinct (QLD AI Hub)
- Thurs Melbourne, 15 Feb 4pm at Stone & Chalk, Melbourne Startup Hub
- Thurs Sydney, 22 Feb 4pm Stone & Chalk, Sydney Startup Hub
- ONLINE, 7 March 4pm Online Info Session
What's the fee?
The 2024 LuminaX HealthTech Accelerator is FREE 😍
- Mon 29 January: Applications Launch
- Mon 11 March: Applications Close
- Tues 12 – Fri 29 March: Applications Selection
- Mon 8 April – Officially announcing
- Mon 15 April: Program Start
- Thurs 25 July: Demo Night
Launch Events – AMA
- Thurs Brisbane, 8 Feb, The Precinct (QLD AI Hub)
- Thurs Melbourne, 15 Feb, at Stone & Chalk, Melbourne Startup Hub
- Thurs Sydney, 22 Feb, Stone & Chalk, Sydney Startup Hub
Do you take equity?
Nope! We do not take any equity in your startup.
How many founders can participate?
Up to two (2) founders from each startup can participate in LuminaX during the 14- week program.
Where is the program located?
Australia’s leading HealthTech program is located on the Gold Coast and operates out of Cohort Innovation Space.
Cohort Innovation Space, an Economic Development Queensland initiative, is a home for founders, innovators, researchers, scientists and students on the Gold Coast. Located in the Gold Coast Health & Knowledge Precinct, Cohort operates in 3 buildings with over 2500m2 of internal space with world-class facilities and innovation programs.
Those that live outside SEQ will receive a $5,000 travel allowance to cover flights, travel and accomodation.